Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Top 50 Songs of 2013 (#1)

"This Disorder" by The Features

Two years ago, The Features were featured on one of the first mPlayer samplers from Paste.  I liked the song enough to keep it.  This summer, while I was compiling songs for newgazzi Vol 4, I stumbled upon their new self-titled album.  I sampled each song, and kept coming back to this one.  As much as I thought I liked it when I first heard it, I've come to actually like the song more and more with each listen.  I did some checking, and as it turns out, this is the most played song on my iPod of any song I've featured on newgazzi since I started the playlists in February.  I can't see a day where I ever get sick of hearing it.  That fucking bass line.  Pelham's vocals (which remind me a bit of Billy Squier), everything, it all works.  My favorite song of 2013 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment