Thursday, November 14, 2013

newgazzi 11.15.13

It's Friday, which can only mean one thing.  You've waited very patiently for this week's newgazzi tracks.  Here's the second batch of songs for newgazzi Vol 10, which I will bring to you on Friday, November 29th.

I discovered the music of Mason Jennings in 2006.  He's been recording since 1997, and I highly recommend his album, Boneclouds.  His newest album, Always Been, was released this week, and I can't wait to dive into that one as well.  Here is the first single from the new record.  It's called "Wilderness" ...



To learn more about Mason Jennings, visit his website ... masonjennings.com

Loyal readers know that I listen to about 400 songs a month to pick the 15 I like the most.  The song I've listened to the most so far in November is called "Cardiac Arrest" by Bad Suns, and here it is ...



I found this song last night, and I absolutely love it.   It's called "Twin Rivers" by Big Scary.  Their full length album, Not Art, will be available in January, but you can pick up the Twin Rivers EP right now!



The Belle Comedians play "melodic folk rock with a lot of heart and just the right amount of drunken-like madness".  I lifted that directly from their facebook page.  That sounds like something I can get into.  Here's Rosy from their Charlotte EP ...



You know the next artist's parents.  What you may not know is that Alexa Ray Joel is doing great things in music herself.  The daughter of Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley released her debut EP, Sketches in 2006, has released a handful of singles since, and recently covered one of her dad's most famous songs for Gap's "Back to Blue" television campaign ...



Thank you for checking out newgazzi.  The last five tracks of newgazzi vol 10 will be unveiled on Friday, November 22nd, and the final sequencing of newgazzi Vol 10 will come at you in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment