Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Raditude is here !

Raditude hit stores today, and I am celebrating the release with weezer night in my household. I am listening to every album, chronologically, until I get through all seven. This will be the soundtrack for my baseball writing tonight.

Quick reviews? Sure, I can do that for you........(but I think I just lost Joe Dahms)

Weezer (Blue Album).....The one that started it all. A friend of mine in high school used to work at Camelot Music, and we used to go bowling every Friday. One day I came in right before close, and he had this playing while I was waiting for him. I loved it from day one. Not a weak track on the album, and the videos for Undone and Buddy Holly are all time classics. One of my favorite albums of all time.

Pinkerton.....Holy shit, even better than the Blue Album! This is in my top five albums ever recorded. After the success that weezer had with the Blue Album, they go in a completely different direction with Pinkerton. Very personal lyrics, and raw emotion. Love it....

Weezer (Green Album).....After critics slammed Pinkerton for not being as accessible as the Blue Album, weezer disappeared for about five years, and came back in 2001 with the Green Album. They reunited with Ric Ocasek, and Green sounds a lot like Blue, and features some really good songs. I was disappointed that it was only 28 minutes long, but I still like it.

Maladroit.....This album is special to me because the band posted demos for the songs that ended up on the album as they recorded them, giving fans a peek into what the album would sound like. Heavy guitars, monster hooks. The sound is uniquely weezer, and this album is very underrated.

Make Believe.....Honestly, this is my least favorite weezer album, by far. There are 3 or 4 really good songs, but also 4 or 5 that I skip constantly on the ipod.

Weezer (Red Album).....The boys are back! I love it. Rivers handing some of the songwriting and signing to Brian, Pat and Scott makes for an eclectic, great album. Some of the best weezer songs to date are on this record.

Raditude.....After one listen, I have to say that I enjoy it. It really sounds like these guys are having fun again. This is a really catchy album, some great sing-a-long songs, and I look forward to spending some time with it this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment