Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fugazzi Grand II : SNL (The Ones That Just Missed)

From the time I started winding down Fugazzi Grand in 2010, which counted down my Top 1000 favorite songs, I knew I wanted to come back in 2012 and do something similar.  At the end of 2011, I started outlining what would be known as Fugazzi Grand II : SNL, counting down my Top 1000 favorite moments in the history of Saturday Night Live.  It took me over 6 months to cut my original list down to 1000, and another couple of months to rank them.

Saturday Night Live debuted on Saturday night, October 11, 1975, 9 days after I was born.  I'm sure my parents were watching it.  And I'm sure I ended up seeing a bunch of them in my early days.  I was aware of the show from a very early age, and started to take notice in the mid 80's.  I became a permanent fan in the fall of 1989, and haven't missed a show since then.


Here are a few great moments that just barely made my list of the Top 1000.  Keep in mind, with approximately 740 shows over the past 37 years, there are close to 10,000 different moments from which to choose from, so these are still considered to be really good moments ...

In no particualar order ...

Horatio Sanz doing his impression of Ozzy Osbourne, where he was incoherent when he talked, but made perfect sense while he sang ...




















Tom Green, at the end of his hosting gig, waiting to be married to Drew Barrymore, only to have her no-show.




















The Target Lady, I think was funny the first few times we saw it, but in subsequent showings, they didn't really do anything to add to the character or sketch, so in the end, did not make the cut.















Same with Secret Word ... funny the first time, but it ended up being the same shtick every time, never really got more clever or funny.















Tony Rosato's Ed Asner Impression happens to be the very last thing that I cut.





















Well now you know what just missed it.  On Monday, you'll find out what my Top 20 favorites are.

Thanks for following "The Litmus Configuration"

Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment