Thursday, December 5, 2013

newgazzi 12.6.13

It's Friday, and that means it's time for newgazzi ... these five tracks are the first of 15 that will be featured on newgazzi Vol 11, which will be unveiled on Friday, December 27th ...

I met Gordon Robertson and his band, The Damn Choir back in August.  It turns out he's a big fan of the Cleveland Browns, and we both loved Bernie Kosar growing up.  But that's not why they are being featured today.  Their music is really good.  They just finished recording their new record,
Creatures of Habit, and this is a song from that record ... it's called "Creatures".

The Damn Choir's Official Website




When I heard that Josh Hutcherson and Haim were going to be featured on SNL a few weeks ago, I had two questions.  Who? and Who?  I learned that Hutcherson was in Kicking and Screaming, which I love, and I started to do some reading about Haim.  When I saw them play, I became an instant fan.  I'll be picking up their record, Days Are Gone, very soon ... here is their performance of "The Wire" from SNL ...

Haim's Official Website




Here's something rare ... music that Amber and I both like!  The band is called White Denim, and the song is called "Pretty Green", from their album Corsicana Lemonade ...

White Denim's Official Website




Sometime you stumble upon a song, and 30 seconds in, you know you've found something great ....
This is called "Every Night" by Josef Salvat.

Josef Salvat's Official Website




newgazzi Vol 11 will feature 3 Christmas Songs, and here's the first one I would like to share.  It's from  a band called Never Shout Never.  They just released The XMas EP, and this is a pretty neat cover of John Lennon's "Happy Xmas (War is Over) ...

Never Shout Never's Official Website






No comments:

Post a Comment