Friday, March 29, 2013

All Is Right Again

Tonight ... the first of many trips to Miller Park this season.  All the anxious faces as they walk to their seats.  Watching kids interact with their parents in anticipation for the game to start.  Most of the time, including tonight, as Robb Edwards asks us all to rise and remove our hats for the national anthem, Gracie slips in her left hand inside my right hand, as if to tell me this is something we do together.  Our first dogs of the spring were shared with, I believe, my first toast of hot dogs.  Came up with that on the spot.  In the 2nd inning, Gracie exclaimed, "Daddy!  Did you remember that Carlos Gomez used to be a Met ?!"  I told her that Johan is most likely lost for the year, his career possibly over.  We shared a hot pretzel.  We watched in excitement as Braun hit a "MOOOOOOOON shot".  Gracie got up every half inning to try to mug for "Fan Cam".  I sat in silent reflection, thinking about many more of these perfect nights to come this summer.  In the bottom of the 6th, Gracie said, "Daddy, I wish we could stay here forever".  Within five minutes, she said, "Daddy, we can go after Rios hits".  On the way out, I bought Gracie an assorted box of Brewers baseball cards.  Her face lit up, just like mine did as a kid.

Tonight ... was heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment