Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Introducing ... Sam Morrow !!

If you're a long time fan of my blog, you know that my inspiration for creating the newgazzi playlist was really to entertain myself.  I've never been a fan of Milwaukee radio.  There's really only one station I listen to, as I've been getting most of my new music from Paste the last 7-8 years.  When Paste folded as a print magazine a few years ago, I stuck it out with them for a year and a half, but wasn't crazy about the format of the new samplers.  So back in February, I decided to start making my own samplers.  That month, I listened to anywhere between 200-300 new songs, and created a playlist with the 15 songs I loved the most.  Didn't really think to share the results until a few weeks later, and now the newgazzi playlist is the most read feature on my blog.  These are songs and artists that I would play if I owned my own radio station.

I found Sam Morrow's music on NoiseTrade right after I completed newgazzi Volume 6.  I bought his EP "True North", and have listened to it about a dozen times since then.  This is exactly the kind of artist I have in mind when creating these playlists.  This is music that is honest, has heart, and will be great 30 years from now.  Check out his website for more information on how to find him on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.

Official Website of Sam Morrow


The song I would like to share with you is from his EP "True North" and it is called "War" ...




And here is the first installment of "Daddy and Gracie Each Have One Question for ... Sam Morrow"

Most influential album? ... "Mean Everything to Nothing" by Manchester Orchestra

What kind of food do you like to eat after a concert? ... Whataburger

Which reminds me ...





No comments:

Post a Comment