Monday, September 1, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#122)

(#122, Return of the Rentals by The Rentals)

Who knew that "P" was Paulina Porizkova?  I remember the first time I saw the video for "Friends of P", I thought for a second that Weezer kicked Rivers and Brian out of the band. After recording this and Seven More Minutes, the band went on hiatus for a long time, returning in 2009 with the Songs About Time multimedia project (which is awesome), and just recently released Lost in Alphaville, their first long player in 15 years (which features reworked versions of many Songs About Time tunes).  I've always appreciated what Matt Sharp has done since leaving Weezer, and I've never really pondered what a reunion with the boys would be like, because Scott Shriner is doing is thing, and I like what Matt Sharp is doing.



Here is "Friends of P" and "Waiting" ...




No comments:

Post a Comment