Saturday, September 20, 2014

Winding Down

Hello newgazzi readers,

2014 started off being a disaster for me. A few short months after taking a great job with Kohler Credit Union, I developed a bad stutter, and feared the worst as it related to my health.  On Sunday night, February 16th, I decided to hit the pause button and try to figure out what was wrong.   Shortly after that, my roommate drove me to the emergency room (at that point, my stutter was so bad, I couldn't form words, let alone full sentences).  After running several tests, and having them all come back negative, the nurse asked how I handled everyday stress, and I didn't know how to answer the question.  So I entered a psychiatric hospital.  Everyday, I stood up in front of a room full of strangers, and told them why I was there, and what I wanted to accomplish while I was there.

I ended up spending nine weeks there, and feel like every minute I spent there was important.  It prepared me for the next chapter of my life.  And for the first time in my adult life, I understood life, and could now handle anything that it threw at me.

I rejoined Kohler Credit Union in early April, doing something that I truly love. A few months into my second tenure with them, I met the woman of my dreams.  It didn't take long to realize that she was the person I would spend the rest of my life with.  And she likes me too!  We are getting married next year, and are expecting our first child together in early May.

Life is great.  Truly a joy ...

And it's been a joy bringing you newgazzi since July 15, 2009.  But all good things must come to an end.  I've decided that the last day of newgazzi will be December 31, 2014, the day I reveal my #1 album of all time.

We've reviewed records, tv shows, talked sports, counted down songs, SNL moments, we've had wrestling tournaments.  It's been a blast.  But the fact is, and quite honestly, I was hoping this blog would help springboard my writing career.  It hasn't.  I average about 30 readers a day, maybe 100 or so when the newgazzi playlist is published.  It's time for me to put that part of my life to bed.

In May of 2015, I will become a father once again, and raising four kids and enjoying this new found happiness will be all I have time for.

In four weeks, I will be doing something that I've waited 24 years to do.  I will be playing organized baseball for the first time since 1990.  I'm hoping I feel exactly like Rocky does at the end of the sixth installment.  Get it out of my system, put some closure to that part of my life, and start getting the next generation ready to live their dreams.

I will bring you 101 more Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums entries.
You will receive 4 more newgazzi playlists (volumes 20-23)
Hell, I may even put on one more wrestling tournament.

Then it's goodbye.

Thank you for reading newgazzi!

Joey



No comments:

Post a Comment