Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fugazzi Grand II : SNL

A year and a half ago, I presented Fugazzi Grand to the world (9 people), which was a list of my top 1000 favorite songs. The idea was to share what I like, and I wanted to hear what you loved as well. I had a lot of fun creating it, and got a lot of good feedback. A lot of good conversations about music came from it as well. In the last 500 days or so, I have added a follower, and it's about time to start crafting Fugazzi Grand II : SNL. This will be a list of my top 1000 favorite Saturday Night Live moments. With the help of netflix, I have becoming familiar with the episodes that aired between 1980 and 1988, and along with re-watching some of the highlights from all 37 seasons, I am very close to presenting the list.

I was born 9 days before the show premiered in 1975, so I've always thought of SNL as my little brother. The show was a big deal to my mom and dad, as they used to make a frozen pizza and burn popcorn in anticipation of the show. I had seen a handful of episodes throughout my childhood, and always enjoyed it, but didn't become hooked until the 15th anniversary show aired in September of 1989. I've only missed a handful of shows since.

I plan to bring Fugazzi Grand II: SNL to you this summer. Stay tuned !


No comments:

Post a Comment