Thursday, February 16, 2012

R.I.P. Gary Carter

I'm not even sure what to say tonight. I'm 36 years old, and just 5 days ago, I explained death to my daughter for the first time, and thought I did a pretty good job explaining it to her, and tonight, I'm at a complete loss for words. Celebrity deaths are always sad to hear about, but this is different for me. Gary Carter is one of my all time favorite baseball players, and once or twice a year, he and a handful of other people that have never met me, bring me to tears as I watch Game Six of the 1986 World Series. Every time I've watched it, I'm 11 years old again, and every time the 10th inning ends, it feels like my Grandma is about to come out and yell at me for waking her up.

This hurts a lot, nothing else I can say right now ....

No comments:

Post a Comment