Thursday, July 3, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#181)

(#181, Turnstiles by Billy Joel)

My mom had an 8-track of Songs in the Attic, and I heard live versions of half of the songs on Turnstiles before I ever heard the album proper.  I'd also heard "Prelude / Angry Young Man" on KOHUEPT prior to hearing it on here.  This is the first Billy Joel album to feature the band he's most frequently associated with ... Liberty Devitto on drums, Russell Javors on guitar, Doug Stegmeyer on bass and Richie Cannata on saxophone.  Some of Joel's better songs were written for this album ... and this album also features many live staples over the years.  A must listen ...







Here is "Say Goodbye to Hollywood" and "Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)" ...




No comments:

Post a Comment