Thursday, August 21, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#134)

(#134, The Delivery Man by Elvis Costello & The Imposters)

With Billy Joel basically retiring as a recording artist 21 years ago, Elvis Costello has become my new favorite artist.  Sure, I still mark out for the old Billy Joel records, and I will be first in line for the stadium shows, but the guy I've been listening to the most over the past 12 years has been Costello.  I didn't embrace this album much at first, but over time, I really started to appreciate what I heard, and went from never thinking much of it to pulling this out quite frequently.  The album has a country feel to it, which would leave you to believe why I didn't like it at first, but as I said, over time, it has become an all-time favorite.




Take a listen to "Country Darkness" and "The Delivery Man" ...




No comments:

Post a Comment