Saturday, September 26, 2009

Chi-Chi's and Billy Joel

What does Chi-Chi's Mexican Restaurant have to do with Billy Joel? I'll tell ya! Before it closed in 2004, Chi-Chi's was hands down my favorite restaurant. We went at least once a month for about 10 years, and were never disappointed. It was a fun atmosphere, the food was great, and damnit, I miss it. I understand there are two still open, in Germany, and although we've joked plenty about heading up to Germany for a quick getaway to embrace our Fiesta platters once again, it ain't happenin'. Whenever I would tell people that Chi-Chi's was my favorite restaurant, most people would say, "That ain't real Mexican food". I never said it was. But, whatever it was, I loved it.

The same goes for Billy Joel. When I tell people that Billy Joel is my favorite artist, I hear, "Billy Joel isn't rock". I never said he was. I like his voice, I love his melodies, and he's a great story teller.

Don't let other peoples opinions of something or someone mold yours. Continue to like what you like....

This message was brought to you by Texas Nachos and Prelude/Angry Young Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment