Monday, June 9, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#205)

(#205, The Courage of Others by Midlake)

Is there anyone out there that subscribed to lala.com, or was it just me?  They offered a streaming service where you could buy a full album for 90 cents, or individual songs for 9 cents, and you could stream them from any device, you just couldn't download the items.  Which sucked for iTunes users, but I actually liked the service.  I was disappointed to see iTunes buy them in 2010.  This was the first album I bought on lala.com, so of course, six months after I bought it, and fell in love with it, I had to buy it again on iTunes to enjoy it.  The mood of this record is very chill, as the kids used to say in the, what was it, early 90s?  Great album ...



Here are "Acts of Man" and "The Courage of Others" ...




No comments:

Post a Comment