Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#66)

(#66, Weezer (Green Album) by Weezer)

The name of the record is Weezer, but fans know it simply as "The Green Album".  The original cover art was this same picture, with a white background, then Rivers put some different colors behind the photo, and this is the one that appeared to just jump off the shelves.  It worked, as this is still their quickest selling album.  The songs here are poppy, but with that Weezer "crunch" we've all come to enjoy.  For my money, "Hash Pipe" is still the best rock song to come out of the 21st century ... either that, or Foo Fighters' "The Pretender".  I remember, I used to have to tell my niece that "hash pipe" was spanish for "juice cup", to justify singing it at the top of my lungs.  For the record, this is the album that made my dad a Weezer fan.  He used to say "these are Beatles songs on steroids".





Take a listen to "Hash Pipe" and "Island in the Sun" ...  I marked out so hard when they performed Hash Pipe on the MTV Movie Awards.




No comments:

Post a Comment