Thursday, October 9, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#88)

(#88, Maladroit by Weezer)

I remember when "The Green Album" came out in 2001, it had been five long years since I heard anything new from Weezer.  Then almost immediately after that record came out, demos for this record started popping up on napster and Weezer's very own website.  These demos were a darker and rocked a little harder that it's predecessor.  I was super excited to land a copy of the final product before the rest of the world (thank you, Vertz), but at first, I was disappointed that the polished versions weren't as raw as what I fell in love with.  But over time, I started to embrace this record more and more, and pull it out almost weekly nowadays.  The new record, Everything Will Be Alright in the End, is easily their best since Maladroit, and is already a staple in my household.



Take a listen to "Take Control" and "Burndt Jamb" ...  R.I.P. Mikey








No comments:

Post a Comment