Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#69)

(#69, Walking Into Brooklyn by James Tristan Redding)

Never mind the order of this list for two seconds.  Let me make this very clear.  You tell me I have to leave this planet, and I can only take three things (no people), I'm bringing my oldest baseball glove, this record and something to play this record on.  Outside of my own flesh and blood, I've never been prouder of another human for what was accomplished with this record.  I can't confirm this for sure, but if I remember correctly, I was first to hear a number of the early demos for what would become this album, months before they were tracked and sequenced for the final product.  I remember when I received my copies (you damn right I bought a handful), I listened to it about four times that night.  I'd say I felt like a proud father, but James is doing just fine in that department.  In fact, he'll have you know that his dad his a bad ass.  It was more like elated big brother.  Seeing James live out a dream, it makes you want to do something on your own.

James, I know this is a day early, but there is no guarantee that I make it to this part of the house tomorrow, as I am wincing in the worst pain I've ever felt, but I wanted to say Happy Birthday.  But being #69 on this list is no gift, good sir.  You've earned this ...

Please enjoy "Irony is Not a Type of Metal" and "Song for Leslie" ...








No comments:

Post a Comment