Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#65)

(#65, Ben Folds Five by Ben Folds Five)

Another self titled debut (that makes three in a row on this list).  I actually became a fan of this band by accident.  They covered Steely Dan's "Barrytown" for a Jim Carrey movie I can't quite think of right now, and I my mind was sonically blown.  I did something less than frugal and bought all three of their studio albums the next day, but listened to them in reverse order of when they came out (I'm still not sure why ... I was going through a divorce, I think I may have needed to spice things up a bit in my life).    Fast forward 14 years later, and all three of those studio albums are in the Top 65 of the list you are currently reading.   Ben Folds has become my go-to piano singer-songwriter now that Billy Joel wants to be an oldies act.



Here is "Jackson Cannery" and "Philosophy" ...










No comments:

Post a Comment