Monday, October 6, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#91)

(#91, Lost and Gone Forever by Guster)

I've told this story a million times, and probably a couple of times on this blog.  These gents opened for Barenaked Ladies a long, long time ago at the Bradley Center.   Had no idea who they were, but instantly loved them.  The next day, I went to Exclusive Co to look for the "Duster" record.  Couldn't find it.  Asked the guy behind the counter.  With his snobbish record store charm, he corrected me, and led me to the "Guster" section, where I found this and two other long players.  I'm not sure I understand the meaning of the kid destroying the piano on the cover, but who gives a damn.  This is a great record.  Brian Rosenworcel is Lord.





Here is "What You Wish For" and "Barrel of a Gun" ...




No comments:

Post a Comment