Sunday, December 7, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#28)

(#28, An Innocent Man by Billy Joel)

The first cassette I ever owned, and still my favorite Christmas present from childhood.  There is not a single record I've listened to more in my life.  I have mixed emotions about this being #28.  At first, I feel sad that it's not #1.  The truth is, it's actually my 5th favorite Billy Joel album.  But the more I think about it, I smile knowing how much great music I've been exposed to since 1994, which is the year my musical tastes exploded all over the map.  I don't like this album any less than I did 31 years ago, I've just acquired so many more taste buds.  Don't be fooled by the rankings.  This is an all time favorite of mine, and is currently my daughter Annika's favorite album.




Listen to Billy Joel talk about recording this record, and check out "The Longest Time" and "Leave a Tender Moment Alone" ...







No comments:

Post a Comment