Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#8)

(#8, Breakfast in America by Supertramp)

I'm not even sure how this ended up in my record collection, as I don't remember my mom or dad being fans of this band, and this is the only album of their's I own, so I'm clearly not a huge fan of theirs.  But somehow, someway, this album found it's way into my conscious, and I've been wearing it out for most of my life.  Maybe I liked the album art, who knows.  Either way, this is musically, lyrically and sonically one of the simple joys of my life.  This album feeds me when I'm hungry, warms by cold winter's body, and I really connect to what is being said.  Truth be told, any of the albums in the top 8 could have been named #1, and I wouldn't have lost sleep over it.  A fantastic recording, start to finish.




Here is "The Logical Song", "Goodbye Stranger" and "Take the Long Way Home" ...







No comments:

Post a Comment