Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#9)

(#9, Weezer (Blue Album) by Weezer)

If this was a list of the most important records in my collection, this would have to be #1.  If not for this record, hundreds of entries on this list would have never been heard to begin with.  Scott Radke played this for me one night at Camelot Music, and I was pretty much hooked from the first few notes of "My Name Is Jonas".  This album really opened up my musical taste buds, for I was pretty much just listening to Billy Joel, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, Paul Simon and The Beatles up until this point.  I still love this record, hopefully their new one, Everything Will Be Alright in the End, is a true return to form for Rivers and Co.






Here is "My Name is Jonas", "Buddy Holly" and "Say It Ain't So" ...







No comments:

Post a Comment