Monday, August 12, 2013

Ear to the Ground

Hey, newgazzi readers ... I found another cool music blog recently.  The author's name is Joe Wolfe-Mazeres, and the name of the blog is "Ear to the Ground".  Rather than have me explain what he's got going on, I asked Joe to explain ...


"Hey Joey - thanks for reaching out!  I've visited your blog, and I like it. I haven't had a chance to dig into the playlists... but I will!  As for Ear to the Ground, I work in downtown Nashville, and I have about a ten or fifteen minute walk to get to my office. So, I listen to music on my walk and I put my MP3 player on Shuffle. A long, long time ago - before the blog even - I started posting my morning shuffle on Facebook. Friends started responding.  So fast-forward, I started writing the blog with no plan at all but since I was already in the habit of posting a "shuffle", I continued.  It usually ended up being three or four songs. - I would write about the music, post links etc.  At the time, I didn't have a good way to listen to my MP3 collection in the car, but I later acquired that ability. So, my morning shuffle increased to ten-twelve songs. I tried writing about all the songs, but I just didn't have the time. So, I made the songs from my drive the Pre-Shuffle and the songs from my walk the Shuffle. So - I would list the songs in the pre-shuffle and go into more detail for the Shuffle - it's purely random as to which list the songs appear.  At the suggestion of a reader, I started creating a YouTube playlist to (a much as possible) match the songs from the morning's list.  As for music - I seek out music wherever I can find it. Noisetrade has become a big source, I get music from a couple of different promoters, dig into my music collection. I also get music directly from bands.  In the past, I've done a few interviews, reviews and other stories, but lately time has been my enemy and the morning music is about all I can do."

I think this is a great idea, and a lot of fun to read.  About two years ago, I experimented with an idea called "Fugazzi Shuffle" for friends and followers on Facebook ... On the last Friday of each month, I would hit shuffle on the iPod, and then talk about the first 10 songs that played (but this only last about 4 months).

Check out Joe's blog here ...  Ear to the Ground

No comments:

Post a Comment