Friday, August 23, 2013

newgazzi Vol 07

So if you're a loyal newgazzi reader, you are aware that we did things a little bit different this month.  For the past six months, I would spend the preceding four weeks collecting new music, then spring all the tracks on you at once.  Some of you liked that, but a lot of you couldn't wait each month.  So this month, I decided to feature one new song a day, every Monday through Friday, for three weeks, and then work on creating what I thought was the best sequence for the newgazzi playlist. I'm really excited about this volume.  Macyn Taylor was generous with her time in our short interview.  Sam Morrow is someone I will be rooting for in life and in his music for a long time.  Quite the gentleman when we chatted briefly.  Jay Nash and Young Summer also had nice things to say, and I thank everyone else that had kind words for what I did, and a special thank you to Joe Wolfe-Mazeres for his kind plug on his blog, Ear to the Ground.

Then there is The Melodic.   It turns out, I will be seeing The Melodic play this upcoming Wednesday in Chicago, then I will be driving them to Cleveland for their next show.  I look forward to the adventure, and definitely look for pictures of us from the road next weekend !  

Like I said, I really like this volume.  Some fun, poppy songs to chew on.  Some great singer/songwriter material.  A little bit of rock, a little bit of roll.  A visit from my favorite artist and DID I MENTION THAT I'M DRIVING THE MELODIC TO CLEVELAND?? 

Please join me for the next 58 minutes for some great music.  The last track is dedicated to my love, Amber.

01.  "Fred Astaire" by San Cisco (from the LP San Cisco)
02.  "Work Around It" by Them Swoops (from the Glimmers EP)
03.  "Wander" by Jay Nash (from the LP Letters From the Lost)
04.  "On My Way" by The Melodic (from the On My Way EP)
05.  "Wild Child" by Brett Dennen (from the LP Smoke and Mirrors)
06.  "Walk Us Uptown" by Elvis Costello & The Roots (from the LP Wise Up Ghost)
07.  "You Can't Be Told" by Valerie June (from the LP Valerie June)
08.  "Fairlane" by The Dirty Guv'nahs (from the LP Somewhere Between These Southern Skies)
09.  "Mobius Streak" by Hiatus Kaiyote (from the LP Tawk Tomahawk)
10.  "Don't Reach Too Far" by Ethan Johns (from the LP If Not Now Then When?)
11.  "Fever Dream" by Young Summer (from the Fever Dream EP)
12.  "Lament" by Grey Reverend (from the Everlasting EP)
13.  "Vincent" by Macyn Taylor (from the LP Macyn Taylor)
14.  "War" by Sam Morrow (from the True North EP)
15.  "All of Me" by John Legend (from the LP Love in the Future)

No comments:

Post a Comment