Thursday, August 6, 2009

But, I have a beard

The State, Season 3, Episode 3....

"The Bearded Men of Space Station 11" is one of my favorite sketches of all time, and not just for The State, for any sketch comedy show. The bearded men never get angry when they are accused of being aliens....you just have to see it. "Origami" and "Louie & the Last Supper" were also really funny.

I've started to read The Greatest Baseball Stories Ever Told, by Jeff Silverman, and I can already tell 9 pages in that I'm going to enjoy it. The first chapter is basically a transcript of "Who's on First", and while checking the Table of Contents, I see that there is a story about my boy, Keith Hernandez. I'll have this book read in a week, tops. I've also been getting the itch to start writing my next book, but I'm still hoping something big happens with Two Loves. I've recently e-mailed Gene Mueller and Mitch Nelles, to no avail. My persistance will hopefully pay off soon.

I hate preparing food for myself, but I've always liked making a sandwich, and that's what about do. Gonna make a sammy with turkey, ham, cheese, mustard and pickle. Was thinking of hittin' BW3's tonight, but I've been thinkin' of this sammich for a couple of hours.

See you later tonight with my charming take on episode 4 of season 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment