Thursday, August 6, 2009

Don't get too close, friend!

The State, Season 3, Episode 4....

Medium Head Boy, a-Medium HEAD BOY! Another great episode, featuring another one of my favorites, "Freaks". I quote this sketch at least once a week, every week, since it aired 15 years ago. "Kill Tim" is very funny. "The Funeral" is classic State. I've talked about this before, but the only shame of this collection is the original music that was used is missing, for the most part. This episode originally aired with The State dancing along to Van Halen's "Panama" at an MTV Christmas party, and "Panama" is nowhere to be found on the DVD. A damn shame...

It's been a couple of weeks, but the clear winner (if it's even a contest) of the Grab Bag I bought is Lenny Kravitz' "Are You Gonna Go My Way". It's actually the only full length disc that made the ipod, and it's providing the soundtrack for my writing tonight.

I'll have you know that my sandwich was top notch. Michael Showalter was right. Mustard goes with everything. And pickle, you do your thing, you dirty, sexy gherkin....

No comments:

Post a Comment