Friday, September 13, 2013

Introducing ... The Greencards !!

I believe it was Ray Charles who once said, "There are only two kinds of music as far as I'm concerned: good and bad.  He was right.  I don't really enjoy putting labels on music, myself.  I either enjoy it or I don't.  And I've been telling people since February that I'm not a critic.  I don't write about music that I don't enjoy or doesn't move me.

The Greencards ... this is good music.  No, I'm wrong.  It's great music.  They've been around since 2003, and have just released their sixth album, "Sweetheart of the Sun".  Their sound can be described as bluegrass, Americana .... again, I don't like putting labels on it, because that can sometimes prevent someone from giving a certain band the time of day.  If you're a fan of the music that I've helped to promote and give exposure to, you'll have to trust me when I say that The Greencards are the real deal. Take some time to listen to some of their stuff on iTunes.  Just like I did yesterday, I'm going to share today's newgazzi track of the day, which is called "Black, Black Water", and an acoustic version of a song I fell in love with 4 years ago, called "Fascination".   If you like what you hear, I recommend purchasing the new record, and if you live in one of the cities they are visiting, check them out!

Upcoming Tour Stops for The Greencards




















1 comment:

  1. "And I've been telling people since February that I'm not a critic. I don't write about music that I don't enjoy or doesn't move me." I feel the same way.

    Love The Greencards.

    ReplyDelete