Thursday, September 26, 2013

newgazzi Vol 08

I've been saying this for eight months.  I only feature songs I love on newgazzi.  I spend as much time as I need to in order to bring you 15 songs that I think are great.  But I have to be honest.  It took a lot longer to get to these 15 songs than usual.  That's not a knock on any of these songs.  It's a knock on the other 400 or so that I listened to while finding these 15.  In the end, this may go down as one of my favorite playlists.  I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Wild Child, Denison Witmer, Islands and The Greencards all had recorded new material, and I wasn't even aware that Macca was releasing new music (his first album of original material in 6 years).    This month, I discovered Magic Man, In the Valley Below, Dawn of Midi and Tedeschi Trucks Band, and can't wait to see what they all do next.  Amason's EP is probably my favorite recording of the last few months, and therefore, got the Anna Vogelzang / The Franklin Electric double treatment of TWO tracks on the playlist.  Thank you to Denison Witmer, In the Valley Below and Dawn of Midi for your kind words about newgazzi, and keep doing great things in music!  The waiting is over .... here it is !

01.  "Crazy Bird" by Wild Child (from the LP The Runaround)
02.  "New" by Paul McCartney (from the LP New)
03.  "Texas" by Magic Man (from the EP You Are Here)
04.  "Parachutes" by Amason (from the EP Amason)
05.  "Peaches" by In the Valley Below (from the EP Peaches)
06.  "Wave Forms" by Islands (from the LP Ski Mask)
07.  "Keep Moving Brother, Keep Moving Sister" by Denison Witmer (from the LP Denison Witmer)
08.  "Dysnomia" by Dawn of Midi (from the LP Dysnomia)
09.  "Red Light" by Eddie Murphy & Snoop Lion (single)
10.  "Summer Painter" by Bill Callahan (from the LP Dream River)
11.  "Black, Black Water" by The Greencards (from the LP Sweetheart of the Sun)
12.  "Went to War" by Amason (from the EP Amason)
13.  "Demon to Lean On" by Wavves (from the LP Afraid of Heights)
14.  "What Goes Boom" by Pixies (from the EP EP1)
15.  "Part of Me" by Tedeschi Trucks Band (from the LP Made Up Mind)







No comments:

Post a Comment