Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sorry Indie Artists, Eddie Murphy is Here

The newgazzi playlist knows no boundaries.  We play pop, rock, jazz, blues, country, singer-songwriter, folk, local artists, and yes, occasionally, multi millionaire comedians not necessarily known for their music.  See Steve Martin in newgazzi Vol 5.  

I felt nostalgic watching The Arsenio Hall Show last night.  The set look almost identical to the one he used from 1989-1994.  Arsenio is very engaging, and I can see myself tuning in, especially with no Fallon in Milwaukee (damn you Time Warner Cable and/or WTMJ ... get your shit together, SNL premieres in three weeks).  His musical guest was Snoop Dogg and/or Lion.  He talked about recording with Eddie Murphy. I wasn't sure until later in the interview if they were kidding or not.  Well, I listened to their song this morning, and I really like it.  Don't worry, NoiseTrade enthusiasts, there is plenty of room left on this playlist.  There are some great albums coming out this month, but I used a lot of the lead singles in previous volumes of newgazzi, so I'm still looking for some great new stuff!  Enjoy "Red Light" from Eddie Murpahy and Calvin Braodus Jr.


No comments:

Post a Comment