Sunday, July 26, 2009

Crime Rate Goes Up!

The State, Season 2, Episode 5....

Boy, the memories! I haven't seen or thought about a lot of these sketches in years, and there were some good ones in this episode. "Oh Betty" is hilarious. "Talk, You" is very clever, and "Headlines" has a lot of great energy. The "Can I Go Play" bits are still funny to this day.

I bought a Wilson A2000, Roy Oswalt model today. It's my first pitcher's glove, and I love it. I haven't had a chance to break it in yet, other than sitting on the couch, and staring at it all day. No Gracie this weekend (she's with her Grammy), so I hit Exclusive Company (my all time favorite record store) and picked up a "Grab Bag". Ten CD's for $4.98, and you have no idea what's in the bag. Sounded like fun! I got some interesting stuff....David Lee Roth, Lenny Kravitz, a couple of compilations, and some bullshit that I tossed almost immediately. Definitely worth the price, and I'm sure I'll do it again. Hey, I'm a dad. It's all I know. When I don't get to sharpen my dad skills, I do things like buy used CD's and sit around holding my glove all day.

Draft day is five weeks from tonight. Still haven't decided on my first pick. I'm looking at wide receivers and tight ends tonight. Listening to Pink Limousine by Rootbeer. A decent EP from the folks at Paste.

No comments:

Post a Comment