Thursday, July 23, 2009

We are teenie little milkmaids

The State, Season 2, Episode 3....

This review of The State is brought to you by Electro-Shock Blues, by eels. Solid album, providing some background for my writing, not to mention my shoveling chex mix down my throat. We all remember "Bookworm", but it seemed funnier 15 years ago. The 2nd "Barry and Levon" sketch was no where near as funny as the first. I think in the end, the 2nd season will go down as the weakest, maybe because expectations coming out of the first season were so high. Trust me, folks, it gets better. There is a ton of great stuff in seasons three and four.

I've started to get some ideas for my next book. I'm leaning towards writing a book specifically about Game Six of the 1986 World Series. You won't hear about where I ate, or what cute things Gracie did in my next book. The whole book will focus on October 25, 1986, with a bit of buildup to that night, and a little bit of "Where Are They Now". I've outlined what I'm looking to get out of it, and have made a short list of people I'd like to interview for the book. I hope Lenny Dysktra can spare a couple of minutes, and I definitely want to talk to that guy who owns the mustard museum in Mt Horeb. I plan to start writing next summer, and hopefully release the book in the fall of 2011, in time for the 25th anniversary of the historic night. For now, I want to continue to spread the word about Two Loves: The Story of A Baseball Polygamist. Forgive me, but I love talking about it. It's very similar to talking about my daughter. OK, I'll say it, I'm damn proud of it. I wrote a book, I think it's good, and I want people to know about it. Is that a crime? If I get hit by a truck tomorrow, Gracie and the book are my legacy................... What the hell am I getting all defensive for? I need to relax. Goodnight, TLC readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment