Sunday, July 19, 2009

You've heard it all before

The State, Season 1, Episode 5....

A couple of old favorites featured in this episode..."Grandma's Potato Chowder", the first "James Dixon" sketch, and more zaniness from "Old Fashioned Guy". This was the last episode of season one, and I have to say, I've been really happy with the DVD thus far. It was well worth the wait.

My top five moments of season one are...
  1. Hormones
  2. Capt Monterey Jack (shoes)
  3. On the Table
  4. Tape People
  5. Pants
...and the two sketches I could do without...
  1. Missy von Himmelman
  2. Free Your Mind (smoker)
While I've been in the reviewing media mood as of late, I'll give you my two cents on an album that came out 9 years ago, that I've listened to for the first time tonight. Kid A by Radiohead. Tiffany Herrera, Dan Lozoff and a few others have been unsuccessful in getting me to like Radiohead in the past, and now my colleague, Deanna Roper is trying her best. Deanna has had the most success of anyone (although I couldn't give Amnesiac more than two listens). Kid A sounds pretty good after one go around. I'm not saying that I'll be traveling the country anytime soon to see them play, but I now have 3 albums of theirs on my ipod, and that's 3 more than I had two months ago. Good job, Ropey...

No comments:

Post a Comment