Thursday, July 16, 2009

And I stress....even in jest

Get used to me talking about The State, at least for a while. Here's a review of Season One, Episode One....

Here's the answer to a trivia question: "Boogeyman". The question? What was the first sketch on the first episode? Cut to a child (played by Kevin Allison), asking his mom to check for the Boogeyman. Kerri Kenney plays the mom, checks under the bed, only to have the Boogeyman (played by Ken Marino), give her some "sugar", as the kiddies would say. Highlights from the first show included "Hormones", one of my favorite sketches in the short history of the show, "Chip's Party" and Thomas Lennon proclaiming at the end of the show that you'll "always give me a boner". This episode also featured a running theme of people being carried off screen after saying the line, "I think I'm gonna kill the President", in jest. A couple of Thomas Lennon notes....I can't get over how much he used to look like the fat kid from Teen Wolf, and it's hard for me to see him without the signature Jim Dangle moustache that we're all so used to now.

The Brewers took care of business tonight, beating the Reds, 9-6, to get off on the right foot in the second half. Prince Fielder hit a three run knock, but the story was Braden Looper, picking up his 8th win, and going 3-3 at the plate. The Mets lost in Atlanta, 5-3, and with the Phillies winning in Florida, they fall to 7.5 games back. Not looking good for the ol' Metropolitans.

Some random observations.....

Have you ever stopped to think how funny it is when children and senior citizens swear? I die every time I hear Gracie say, "Oh, shit", and I remember a time about 10 years ago, I would not refund an overdraft fee for an older woman (in my Firstar call center days), and over the phone, I heard her politely, very politely say, "well then phuck you, sir", in a voice so sweet, it sounded like a tootsie roll tastes. If you can imagine....

Tonight on the ipod, we are listening to the song stylings of The Low Anthem, and their album, Oh My God, Charlie Darwin. And when I say we, I mean me, a can of flat pepsi and some stale pretzels. Don't be jealous, fellas! I work damn hard for this luxury....

No comments:

Post a Comment