Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dear Corn...

The State, Season 2, Episode 6....

This is the last episode of season two. Again, not as good as season one, but definitely some good moments. Nothing great in this episode, but "Hepcat" is funny, Ken Marino is great in "Babysitter" and I'm pretty sure I've "borrowed" from "Fetishist" quite often since the first time I saw it.

My top five Season Two moments are...
  1. Service with a Smile
  2. Dad's Affair
  3. Superfriends
  4. Copy Shop
  5. The Barry Lutz Show
These two sketches were not favorites of mine...
  1. Otto Bimini
  2. Pimple
Today was the Hall of Fame induction ceremony from Cooperstown. I love watching these. Today, Rickey Henderson, Jim Rice and Milwaukee's own Tony Kubek were inducted into the Hall. Rickey Henderson is one of the top five greatest players of all time. Nobody was more of a threat to generate runs than Henderson, and that's the name of the game. Rice had a solid career, and played in two of the best World Series of all time, in 1975 and 1986, losing both, to the Reds and Mets respectively. Tony Kubek was this year's Ford Frick recipient, and he is the first broadcaster to be voted in exclusively as an alanyst, and not a play by play man. I tell ya, when we didn't get Scully and Garagiolo on NBC, it was a treat to get Costas and Kubek. Man, oh man, do I miss the NBC calls in the 80's.

Because the Mets and Brewers have been struggling mightily as of late, I've been nostalgic for the 86 Mets and 87 Brewers recently. Tonight, I'm gonna pop in Game Six, but not thee Game Six, the other one. Game Six of the 86 NLCS, which, arguibly was the better of the Game Sixes. This is the one where the Mets were down 3-0 in the 9th on the road in Houston, and tied it to send it to extras. The game ended up going 16 innings, and was the game that put the Mets in the Series vs Boston. It's a 4 1/2 hour game, so I may start in the 7th...yep, that's what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment