Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mr Bouche, turn the camera off

The State, Season 1, Episode 4....

One of my favorite episodes.....The only bad thing about the DVD release is that a lot of the original music that was used could not be included on the DVD. It's weird to watch "Pants" without Cannonball by the Breeders, and it's just flat wrong to see $240 Worth of Pudding" without Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye. I love "On the Table", which parodies a panel of six experts, and poses the question, "What is Art?", to which the first person says, "Like, paintings and stuff?". The host quickly responds, "Yes. Goodnight" as the credits roll.

The Fugazzi Fantasy Football draft is six weeks from today. I have the first pick. I don't know who I'm taking yet, but I have narrowed it down to two players, Adrian Peterson of Minnesota and Michael Turner of Atlanta. I won't let the Brett Favre nonsense affect my decision making. I will take the player I think can help me win my first title.

I am listening to the new Elvis Costello album, Secret, Profane and Sugarcane. I still feel bad about leaving his show early two weeks ago, so to make up for it, I will now review all of his records (each in 10 words or less, because I gotta take a dump).

  • My Aim Is True (1977) One of my favorite albums.
  • This Year's Model (1978) This is also really good.
  • Armed Forces (1979) I shouldn't have eaten "The Baconator".
  • Get Happy! (1980) Just bought it, still getting familiar with it.
  • Trust (1981) Probably my favorite Elvis album.
  • Almost Blue (1981) Next time, I'm going with one of their salads.
  • Imperial Bedroom (1982) Starting to tap my foot, sweating a lot.
  • Punch the Clock (1983) I suppose I could just run to the bathroom now...
  • Goodbye Cruel World (1984) ...and put more thought into these reviews when I'm done.
  • King of America (1986) I love this album. Listened to it earlier today.
  • Blood and Chocolate (1986) My friends say, "Get this album". I will.
  • Spike (1989) I could have just made something here...
  • Mighty Like A Rose (1991) ...but Wendy's just sounded good to me tonight.
  • Brutal Youth (1994) If it was just one patty, and a few slices...
  • All This Useless Beauty (1996) ...of bacon, that would be fine, but two patties...
  • Painted From Memory (1998) ...and six slices of bacon is just too damn much!
  • When I Was Cruel (2002) I love this alb....ugh, I just sharted. Agh, shit.
  • North (2003) I sing "Let Me Tell You About Her" to Gracie.
  • The Delivery Man (2004) Kind of a country feel, but I like it.
  • Momofuku (2008) Not crazy about it, but Jenny Lewis appears on it!
  • Secret, Profane and Sugarcane (2009) I didn't shart. That was said for effect.
Have a good night! I think you know where I'm headed....

No comments:

Post a Comment