Saturday, July 18, 2009

Maybe I'm old fashioned....

The State, Season 1, Episode 2....

We are introduced to many recurring characters in this episode. "Old Fashioned Guy", "Doug", "Capt. Monterey Jack" and "Louie" all debut. We all love Doug and Louie, but I'm an Old Fashioned Guy guy. I love the suit, I love the carving of the apple.

Folks, if you're bored with these reviews, there are only 22 episodes left. Just wait till I get to the Saturday Night Live reviews..... We're talking around 700 episodes, each 90 minutes long, going back to October of 1975. I'm hope I'm kidding, or else I'm gonna miss a lot of Gracie's future soccer games.

Does it bother anyone else that I scored as many runs as the Brewers and Mets did combined tonight. Their payrolls are around $140,000,000 combined for 2009, and today, I'm pretty sure the socks I wore to work didn't match.

I just finished reading 27 Men Out, by Michael Coffey. It documents the 15 perfect games thrown in the modern era. Some tidbits for you baseball fans - my apologies to all you baseball haters....

  • Ron Hassey caught two of them (Len Barker in 1981, Dennis Martinez in 1991)
  • Alfredo Griffin played on the losing end of three of them (Len Barker in 1981, Tom Browning in 1988, and Dennis Martinez in 1991)
  • Two of the perfect games featured Angels at Rangers (Mike Witt in 1984, Kenny Rogers in 1994)
  • The winning team has never scored more than six runs in a perfect game.
  • Four of the games ended 1-0, and ALL FOUR TIMES, the run that scored was unearned.

While Amber is watching I'm 16 and Pregnant, I will be listening to my new Paste Magazine sampler, and reading the Complete Peanuts, 1965-1966. Lucy, please let that ol' Charlie Brown kick that goddamn football one time for my daugther....she thinks it's real.

No comments:

Post a Comment