Sunday, July 19, 2009

I think tying shoes is for sissies

The State, Season 1, Episode 3....

Highlights include Capt. Monterey Jack's rant on tying shoes, the Chips commercial (which I've personally ripped off hundreds of times since I originally saw it), Antonio, the foreign exchange student, "Tape People" (another bit I've "borrowed" from often), and "Mr. Magina", the sex ed teacher who brings attention to his last name, and how it sounds like a certain part of the female anatomy. The punch line is that the students don't know what word he's referring to, until he tells them.

I now have 96 friends on facebook. The 100th friend will receive a free copy of my book, Two Loves: The Story of A Baseball Polygamist, and no, Deanna, you cannot delete yourself as a friend, and rejoin, trying to claim #100. This contest is being carefully audited by the same folks who monitor the nightly Wisconsin lottery Supercash drawings.

The Mets won a major league baseball game last night! This has been confirmed on multiple reliable sources.

I had two weird dreams last night. The first involved me visiting AT & T Park for a Dodgers/Giants game, and seeing a huge brawl, very similar to the one between the Pacers and Pistons four years ago. Manny swung at a fan, and in the dream, that fan was my friend Andy. Was it Fefer? Was it Gilson? Was it Filo? Well, I'll have you know that Andy Filo and I aren't what you would call "friends". We went to grade school and high school together, and we competed in little league baseball, but I wouldn't say we're friends. However, Filo, you are a "friend" on facebook, so no cheating on the book contest, buddy! It was Gilson....

The other dream seems like it's a test. I was doing some grocery shopping, and the cart I grabbed had over $1700 in cash paperclipped to a drivers license. In the dream, I struggled between keeping the cash, or trying to contact this gentleman. Gracie woke me up this morning before I could decide. What would you do? Personally, I know what the right thing to do is, but at the same time, daddy needs a new mink coat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment