Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#240 and #239)

(#240, Neon Bible by Arcade Fire)

Never heard of these guys, then I saw them on SNL and became an instant fan.  "Keep the Car Running" is one of the best songs of the last ten years, and Foo Fighters covered it shortly after it came out, and that version is pretty awesome, too.  I sat down with Reflektor recently, and wasn't blown away, but I'm sure I'll come back to it at some point.  For now, this is the Arcade Fire record of choice for me, and many.







This is "Keep the Car Running" ...




(#239, Document by R.E.M.)

One could argue that this is the record that propelled R.E.M. from well respected underground band to national superstars.  This album sports a little bit more muscle than their previous records, and takes on a more mature lyrical content.  My ex wife (the first one) had a really shitty copy of this, so I didn't embrace this fully until I got my own copy, and this has been in heavy rotation for the last 13 years of my life.









Here is "Finest Worksong" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment