Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#236 and #235)

(#236, Oh, Inverted World by The Shins)

This is their debut album, but I didn't hear this until a few years after I heard Chutes Too Narrow.  I remember not caring too much about this at first, but I also remember having a lousy copy of it (which can make all the difference).  James Mercer has become a real go to guy for me, between his work with The Shins and Broken Bells.  I think it's about time I got one of this "I Wrote New Slang" t-shirts.  My birthday is October 2nd.







This is "New Slang" ...




(#235, National Ransom by Elvis Costello)

Those who know me the best understand that Billy Joel is artist I've called my favorite since 1983, however, since he hasn't recorded an album since 1993, that distinction has been passed to Elvis Costello.  There will always be a special place in my heart for Billy Joel, but the guy I enjoy listening to the most these days is Costello.  His discography is incredible.  Joel has 12 albums.  Costello has about 20 great albums.  I get to see the man perform in 27 days, and I cannot wait !







Take a listen to "Jimmie Standing in the Rain" ...




No comments:

Post a Comment