Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#252 and #251)

(#252, High Violet by The National)

These guys may be my favorite album artists going right now.  I wasn't blown away with their live show, but I'm willing to give them a second chance, based on the fact that their last four records are all amazing.  Some of my favorite tracks here are "Terrible Love", "Little Faith", "Bloodbuzz Ohio", "Conversation 16" and "Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks".










This is "Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks", with special guest Justin Vernon of Bon Iver ...




(#251, Z by My Morning Jacket)

I've always enjoyed Jim James' voice, and for my money, this is the best collection of songs they've put out.  Two years ago, Rolling Stone ranked this as the 457th best album of all time, and this tells me that by me ranking it at #251, there are many, many great albums that I haven't even heard yet.











Take a listen to "Off the Record" ...





And with that, we are half way home.  250 down, 250 to go.  Thanks for reading !!

No comments:

Post a Comment