Friday, May 2, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#254 and #253)

(#254, Eels With Strings : Live at Town Hall by Eels)

The set list here is fantastic.  I'm really torn, do I buy the new album and see Eels in Madison next month?  I have been mildly disappointed with their last three albums, but I really liked their show the last time I saw them.  I know I'll give in on the record, but I think I may have to pass on show (which completely contradicts my last statement.  Anyway, this is awesome ...







This is "Bus Stop Boxer" ...




(#253, All Days are Nights : Songs for Lulu by Rufus Wainwright)

I'm not sure if this is his eye or Lulu's, but who gives a damn.  I rented this from the library a few years ago, and my admiration of this man keeps growing every year.  This is Wainwright's most stripped down recording, as all the tracks are solo piano and vocals.  The record was recorded for the memory of his mother, who passed away about a year before this came out.









Here is "Martha" ...












No comments:

Post a Comment