Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#250 and #249)

(#250, Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea by PJ Harvey)

I'm embarrassed to say that I don't remember the name of the person that recommended this to me, I'd say about five years ago, it was a female co-worker, and we only worked together for about three months, but wherever you are, Deanne or Deanna, thank you for the reco!  Admittedly, I've listened to other PJ Harvey records, and could not get into them, but this one, I really like.









This is "The Mess We're In", featuring Thom Yorke ...




(#249, Rabbit Fur Coat by Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins)

Jenny Lewis is simply a joy.  I've pretty much loved everything she's done, whether it be with Rilo Kiley or on her own.  This is her first solo record, and features The Watson Twins.  Conor Oberst, Ben Gibbard and M Ward collaborate with Lewis on a cover of Traveling Wilburys "Handle With Care".  As I've mentioned recently, Jenny Lewis hasn't been doing much lately, that I'm aware of, but hopefully that changes soon.








Here is "Rise Up With Fists" ...




No comments:

Post a Comment