Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#232 and #231)

(#232, Lonerism by Tame Impala)

The last two years, I have provide newgazzi readers with a top 20 albums of the year list.  This came out in October of 2012, but I didn't hear it until January of 2013, so it didn't make my 2012 list.  But had I listened to it a few months earlier, it would have landed in my top 5, most likely.  Seven different publications, including Rolling Stone, had this listed as their #1 album of the year.  This is a solid record from start to finish.  One day, Gracie and I were listening to this on the way home, and she said, "Is this the new Beatles album?".  I am impressed with how she picks up on stuff like that.




This is "Be Above It", which is the song that Gracie thinks sounds like The Fab Four ...




(#231, Parklife by Blur)

I read recently that Thom Yorke has said that he wishes he had written the song "Girls and Boys" from this record.  That is quite a compliment.  Damon Albarn is a genius of a musician, and this has always been my favorite long player of Blur's.












Take a listen to Thom Yorke's favorite track from this album, "Girls and Boys" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment