Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#242 and #241)

(#242, Boys & Girls by Alabama Shakes)

The first time I heard this, I thought this was another new Jack White side project.  Musically and vocally.  Jamie confirmed that it wasn't Jack White, but rather a lady named Brittany Howard.  I saw them on SNL shortly thereafter and was blown away by their performance.  If I remember  correctly, I was able to pick this up at Best Buy for $6.99.  It is a rocker.










Take a listen to "Hang Loose" ...




(#241, Exile on Main St by The Rolling Stones)

As I've stated many, many times, double albums really have to be special to make this list.  I'm not a huge fan of the concept of the double album for the simple fact that it's that much harder to make time for it.  But this is The Rolling Stones most eclectic album, as it borrows from rock, country, gospel, blues and folk.  They say you're either a Beatles guy, a Zeppelin guy or a Stones guy, and I would have to rank them in that order, but make no mistake, this is a masterpiece.







This is "Tumbling Dice" ...




No comments:

Post a Comment