Friday, May 9, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#246 and #245)

(#246, The Creek Drank the Cradle by Iron & Wine)

I remember the first time I heard this, I hated it.  Todd burned a copy of this for me, and I think I turned it off about 4 songs in.  Then a few years later, I heard The Shepherd's Dog for the first time, and absolutely loved it.  It made me come back to this album, and I gave it the old headphones treatment.  It's like it was a completely different album this time around.  I'm sure I was just in a bad mood the first time.








This is "Lion's Mane" ...




(#245, Dear Science by TV on the Radio)

This band has something in common with Iron & Wine.  The first time I heard them, I didn't like what I was hearing.  Matt Schewe recommended Return to Cookie Mountain to me, and I just couldn't get into it.  Then Jamie Armata recommended Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes to me, and I didn't have any feeling either way on it.  After giving these guys two chances to win me over, I'm not sure why I gave Dear Science the time of day, but I am glad I did, because I liked this from the very beginning.  And their 2011 Nine Types of Light will be making an appearance on this list later in the year.  I guess it's about time I give those earlier records another shot, huh?




Here is "Family Tree" ...






No comments:

Post a Comment