Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fugazzi Grand (680-661)

680. "Ants Marching" (Dave Matthews Band, Under the Table and Dreaming, 1994)
I've never seen Dave live, and I don't know if I ever will, but I really enjoy their first three records, and this will always be a favorite.

679. "St Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)" (John Parr, St Elmo's Fire, 1985)
That mullet !

678. "Waitin on a Sunny Day" (Bruce Springsteen, The Rising, 2002)
It's a shame that it took something like 9/11 to get the band back together, but the result of that reunion was this record.

677. "Los Angelenos" (Billy Joel, Streetlife Serenade, 1974)
One of my favorite, lesser known Billy Joel songs.

676. "The Piano Has Been Drinking" (Tom Waits, Small Change, 1976)
Are you proud of me, Dr Hnasko ?

675. "I'll Be That Girl" (Barenaked Ladies, Stunt, 1998)
I hope the breakup of Page and Robertson is temporary.

674. "Friend or Foe" (Adam Ant, Friend or Foe, 1982)
This was one of the first cassettes I ever owned.

673. "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?" (She & Him, Volume One, 2008)
I wonder how long this partnership will last, but I hope a while.

672. "I and Love and You" (The Avett Brothers, I and Love and You, 2009)
Welcome to the heavy rotation...

671. "More News from Nowhere" (Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Dig Lazarus Dig, 2008)
Very unique vocal style, and a really good record.

670. "Army" (Ben Folds Five, Reinhold Messner, 1999)
Very funny story. We're in the office at work on a really slow day, and the ipod is on shuffle. An older man comes in and sits down with me. This song comes on, and within seconds, Joe and Andy each run over to the dock to hit STOP before you know what is said. Priceless.

669. "By the Way" (Union Pulse, Angel on a Wire, 2007)
Remember the name James Redding, everybody.

668. "A Better Day" (Backyard Tire Fire, Bar Room Semantics, 2005)
Really good band I've been getting into as of late.

667. "No Excuses" (Alice in Chains, Jar of Flies, 1993)
Quite possibly my favorite E.P. of all time.

666. "Devil's Haircut" (Beck, Odelay, 1996)
This list was very carefully crafted. Did you see what I did there ?

665. "Hey There Fancypants" (Ween, Quebec, 2003)
This is just fun.

664. "I Never" (Rilo Kiley, More Adventurous, 2004)
Jenny Lewis is the owner of my favorite voice, currently.

663. "Pretty Maids All in a Row" (Eagles, Hotel California, 1980)
Individually, the Eagles are kind of creepy, but collectively, a fine band.

662. "Believe" (Elton John, Made in England, 1995)
Bernie Taupin was trying to write a song like "Imagine". For the most part, Elton John's albums since 1977 have been bad, but Made in England is really good.

661. "Sidewalk" (Starlight Mints, Drowaton, 2006)
Heard this band on World Cafe. Don't really know much about them, but the two albums I have are pretty decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment