Friday, August 13, 2010

Fugazzi Grand Appetizer

You have been so patient. Here are the top 20 songs that did not make Fugazzi Grand. I will list the name of the song, the artist that recorded it, the album it appeared on, and the year it was released).... ENJOY !!

1020 and 1019. "Sirius" and "Eye in the Sky" (The Alan Parsons Project, Eye in the Sky, 1982)
Sirius is an awesome instrumental track that has been used in a ton of sporting events, most notably at Chicago Bulls games and as the entrance music for one Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat in the 80's. It's a great song to set the mood for a 2 and a half day playlist. Just imagine this playlist was a concert, this would get the blood pumping. I had to include Eye in the Sky along side it, because the two songs just sound like they belong together.

1018. "Mickey" (Tony Basil, Best of Toni Basil, 1980)
Kind of a novelty song, but incredibly catchy. This playlist has to be fun, and this is fun.

1017. "Pump Up the Jam" (Technotronic, Pump Up the Jam, 1989)
Come on, now, don't pretend you didn't love this song.

1016. "Freeze-Frame" (The J Geils Band, Flashback, 1981)
One of my early MTV memories, always loved this song, great video. Peter Wolf doesn't get his due as a great artist.

1015. "Hang On Sloopy" (The McCoys, Hang On Sloopy, 1965)
One of my daughter's favorite songs. She likes to replace Sloopy with Daddy. I replace Sloopy with Gracie. Good clean fun.

1014. "Walk of Life" (Dire Straits, Brothers in Arms, 1985)
Mark Knopfler has done as much great stuff as a solo act as he did with Dire Straits, but this is one of my favorites of his. Does anyone remember the video with the baseball footage ?

1013. "Everybody Loves You Now" (Billy Joel, Cold Spring Harbor, 1971)
This is one of the better Billy Joel songs recorded before Billy Joel became Billy Joel. Great melody, great lyrics. A concert staple.

1012. "Everything Hits At Once" (Spoon, Girls Can Tell, 2001)
Ironically, Kevin Schneider burned this for me, but hates these guys now. I dig them.

1011. "LDN" (Lily Allen, Alright, Still, 2007)
Saw her on SNL three years ago, and loved it from the first listen. Very catchy and fun.

1010. "Say You Love Me" (Fleetwood Mac, Greatest Hits, 1975)
Respect, but this will be the last you see of the Mac on this list.

1009. "16 Candles" (The Crests, 16 Candles, 1958)
Another song my daughter has fun with. I heard her singing "17 candles" one night, cracking herself up. You see, the exaggeration is funny.

1008. "Fugue for Tinhorns" (Guys and Dolls, old, it's an old song)
One of my all time favorite musicals, and movies. Can do. Can do.

1007. "Man in the Box" (Alice in Chains, Facelift, 1990)
My first ex-wife got me in to these guys. Still love this one.

1006. "I Got a Man" (Positive K, Love Hip Hop, 1992)
I'm not a huge hip hop fan, but this will forever be on this self-published author's ipod. The book is called "Two Loves: The Story of a Baseball Polygamist". Forgive the cheap plug. I'm such a whore...

1005. "Band on the Run" (Paul McCartney, Good Evening New York City, 2009)
This is from his historic concert at Citi Field last year. I almost included the Foo Fighters version, but can't find it.

1004. "Rapunzel" (Dave Matthews Band, Before These Crowded Streets, 1998)
My favorite "Dave" album, by far....

1003. "Even Flow" (Pearl Jam, Ten, 1991)
It took me a long time to get into these guys. In high school, I was more of a Nirvana guy, but over time, I've come to like and respect this band. Ten is still an awesome record.

1002. "A Hard Day's Night" (The Beatles, A Hard Day's Night, 1964)
I know what you're thinking. If this is 1002, I really can't wait to see the rest of the list.

1001. "1000 Songs" (Kings Go Forth, The Outsiders are Back, 2010)
I went to school with Andy Noble, although, we never met. Can you think of a more appropriate song than "1000 songs" to lead you into a playlist that features 1000 songs? I submit that you cannot !!

1 comment:

  1. just tuned in after a weekend of camping! you'll have one more reader now. :)

    ReplyDelete