Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fugazzi Grand (940-921)

940. "Tribute" (Tenacious D, Tenacious D, 2001)
"This is not the greatest song in the world, no, this is just a tribute."

939. "George Took a Shovel" (Circus Devils, Sgt. Disco, 2007)
This is one of Robert Pollard's many side projects that I enjoy.

938. "Family Affair" (Mary J Blige, No More Drama, 2001)
I always sing the wrong words, but that's my problem.

937. "Thank You For Sharing" (The Vanity Project, The Vanity Project, 2005)
Stephen Page, formerly of Barenaked Ladies, with his first solo project.

936. "Islands in the Stream" (Parton & Rogers, Greatest Hits, 1983)
This was one of my favorite songs as a kid. Still in the top thousand.

935. "Sweet Jane" (The Velvet Underground, Loaded, 1970)
Not a huge fan of the long players, but this song is awesome.

934. "Just the Way You Are" (Billy Joel, The Stranger, 1977)
This song should be much higher, but it's so overplayed, it damn near didn't make the list, but it's still a great song.

933. "I'm an Old Cowhand" (Harry Connick Jr, 25, 1992)
I will always be a huge fan of his. This is a great recording from one of his earlier records.

932. "Let Him Dangle" (Elvis Costello, Spike, 1989)
I could listen to him sing all day.

931. "The Entertainer" (Billy Joel, Streetlife Serenade, 1974)
A really fun song to sing.

930. "Eid Ma Clack Shaw" (Bill Callahan, Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle, 2009)
Solid Paste sampler song from last year.

929. "Under Your Breath" (Whiskeytown, Pneumonia, 2001)
Todd asked me not to include Ryan Adams, but I did anyway. Multiple times.

928. "Deep Dark Truthful Mirror" (Elvis Costello, Spike, 1989)
This is one of the first Elvis Costello songs I ever heard, on an MTV Unplugged compiliation.

927. "Stillness Is the Move" (Dirty Projectors, Bitte Orca, 2009)
Jamie Armata comes through with a solid referral.

926. "Rise N Shine" (Kool Moe Dee, Funke Funke Wisdom, 1991
KRS One can rhyme better than you can do anything.

925. "No Particular Place to Go" (Chuck Berry, Anthology, 1964)
When I think of rock n roll, this is what I think of.

924. "On Your Radio" (Joe Jackson, I'm the Man, 1979)
Joe Jackson is a musical chameleon, always changing his colors.

923. "Old Battery" (Guided By Voices, Devil Between My Toes, 1987)
Sounds like old R.E.M.

922. "It Had to be You" (Harry Connick Jr, When Harry Met Sally, 1989)
Incredible singer, incredible song.

921. "Private Eyes" (Hall & Oates, The Very Best... , 80's)
"they're watching you, watching you, watching you-oooh"

No comments:

Post a Comment