Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fugazzi Grand (900-881)

900. "Die Alone" (Ingrid Michaelson, Girls and Boys, 2007)
On the first Paste sampler I ever had, and this is still my favorite sampler (Issue #38).

899. "Sodom, South Georgia" (Iron & Wine, Our Endless Numbered Days, 2004)
It took me a few years to embrace Sam Beam, not now I'm fully on board.

898. "I've Got a Thing For You" (Jim Bianco, Sing, 2008)
Next iTunes gift card, I buy the whole album.

897. "Dorothy's a Planet" (Boston Spaceships, Planets are Blasted, 2009)
"No more moon missions, it's time for ... Dorothy's a Planet!"

896. "Constructive Summer" (The Hold Steady, Stay Positive, 2008)
They opened with this at Summerfest, and this is the opener to Stay Positive.

895. "The Heart of Me" (Alexa Ray Joel, Sketches, 2006)
Since Billy Joel doesn't record anymore, I will buy his daughter's records instead.

894. "In the Sun" (She & Him, Volume Two, 2010)
M. Ward is awesome, whatever he does. Zooey was in Elf, and sings very well.

893. "Potholes" (Randy Newman, Harps and Angels, 2008)
The older I get, the more I appreciate Randy Newman.

892. "Dancing Days" (Led Zeppelin, Houses of the Holy, 1973)
A little trivia for you. Throughout the making of this list, there were a few songs that had to be cut for songs that I clearly forgot. This was the last of the songs that was included last minute.

891. "Heart to Tell" (The Love Language, Libraries, 2010)
This is the newest song on the list. Was released about 2 months ago.

890. "Great Escape" (Guster, Goldfly, 1997)
One of my favorite bands, I love the melodies, the harmonies, the sound.

889. "The Score" (Chris Walla, Field Manual, 2008)
Chris Walla is the "Mike Mills" of Death Cab For Cutie, kind of the everyman of the band. This is off of his solo record.

888. "Saving Grace" (Tom Petty, Highway Companion, 2006)
This is a great album to drive to.

887. "My Three Sons" (Elvis Costello, Momofuku, 2008)
A more recent song, I tell ya, I love everything he does.

886. "Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop" (Landon Pigg, Coffee Shop, 2008)
Yes, it's a little bit overplayed, but still awesome.

885. "What's Been Going On" (Amos Lee, Last Days at the Lodge, 2008)
Becoming a favorite, will be at Farm Aid on my birthday.

884. "Hologram" (Katie Herzig, Apple Tree, 2008)
Good, fun song.

883. "I Turn My Camera On" (Spoon, Gimme Fiction, 2005)
It's about time I started investing in the back catalogue.

882. "Mambo No 5 (A Little Bit of...)" (Lou Bega, A Little Bit of Mambo, 1999)
Remember, music is supposed to be fun. This is a fun record. Sue me.

881. "This Ole House" (Brian Setzer Orchestra, The Dirty Boogie, 1998)
An underrated guitar player. This is a fun song.

No comments:

Post a Comment